Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday Library Post, 9/10/11

So, here's the thing. On Wednesday, it rained. A lot. And it's been raining a lot for most of the past week, and it's been a very wet summer. So our rivers flooded. So I could not get downtown to the library before today. To make it up to you, my services are half off, today only...

Adrian Burgos, Jr. - Cuban Star


It's a book about Alejandro Pompez, legendary Negro Leagues team owner (The New York Cubans). I visited the Negro Leagues museum in Kansas City, so I thought I'd take a look at this.

George R.R. Martin - A Storm of Swords


Book 3, for my re-read. I think this is the biggest of the series, and I got it in hard cover. It's very much a "don't drop it on your foot" type book.

Daniel Wilson - Robopocalypse


It looks like a zombie invasion, but with robots instead of zombies. All the mechanized things we rely on decide to stop being reliable and attack us, launching the robot war. Could be good, could be cheesy.

Followers