Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Library Post - 5/1/10

Libraries are not open on Memorial Day, and so I did not go to the library yesterday.

On Friday, I picked up the third of Adrian Tchaikovsky's Shadows of the Apt series, Blood of the Mantis. As you know, I've been enjoying these books a great deal, so I'll have that to look forward to once I get to the bottom of my "to-read" list.

Today, I grabbed Jane Bites Back by Michael Thomas Ford - a very amusing reaction to the whole Pride and Prejudice and Zombies phenomenon which is currently afflicting bookstores and libraries across the country. Ford's premise is that Jane herself is a vampire, now running a small bookstore in upstate New York, specializing in Jane Austen books. She is, incidentally, mildly amused by P&P&Z. I chewed through it in about an hour and a half, I'll review it on Friday. I also picked up The Novice by Trudi Canavan - this is the second of Canavan's Black Magician Trilogy. That will have to wait.

My "to-read" list is getting larger than I had expected. I don't know if that's a reaction to blogging about the books in a systematic way, or if I've always borrowed books at this rate, but haven't always read the books I've borrowed. That's a possibility, actually. At any rate, I have something like ten books in my stack right now, and a couple of them are quite hefty.

Followers