Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Belated Library Post for 7/26/10

A rare trip to the library without any of my family members along, which means I came out with only a small handful of books rather than a bulging sack. (I only record the books that I borrow for me, incidentally - generally I also borrow a small stack of picture books and easy-reading novels for the kid, and sometimes stuff for my wife that I don't plan to read.)

Anyway, today, three books:

K.E. Mills - The Accidental Sorcerer
Mills is a pen name for Karen Miller, and I nixed the first book from her Kingmaker,Kingbreaker duology earlier - this looks better. It looks like it will be funny, in the vein of Pratchett.

David B. Coe - The Horseman's Gambit
Book 2 of the Blood of the Southlands books. I recall that I found the first book a little dry, we'll see how this one goes. I also recall that I liked the villain in the previous book, which is a god sign.

Deborah Blum - The Poisoner's Handbook
I'm fairly sure I heard a review of this on NPR, and it sounded good. This is a non-fiction book about the birth of forensic medicine in the 1920s.

Followers