Monday, October 25, 2010

Could it be? Yes, it is! Monday Library post, ON a MONDAY! (10/25/2010)

Laney Salisburg and Aly Sujo - Provenance


It's a book about the most audacious act of art forgery of the 20th century. An artist, working (possibly without the artist's full knowledge or consent) with a famous scientist, create paintings in the style of the great masters, and pass them off as originals. From what I've seen so far, it's written in a popular style (so, no extensive footnotes, and a somewhat breezy tone), but it looks good.

Fever Crumb
Philip Reeve - Fever Crumb 


It seems to me that someone recommended this to me, or generally, or something. Anyway, it's YA, it's fantasy, it looks steampunky? Anyway, I totally grabbed this because of the cover art, pictured above. Is that shallow? Perhaps. I'll let you know how it works out.

Followers