Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Library Supplemental, and a question, 5/18/2011

Back to the library today, seeking a book which the library claimed we had, but which, we hoped, we had returned. Today, hope won - the book was on the shelf, and so we don't have to turn the house over to find it. This time. While there, I grabbed:

Michael Ford - Jane Goes Batty


This is the sequel to last year's Jane Bites Back, which I reviewed last year. The premise is delightful - Jane Austen is a vampire. She lives in up state New York. She's been trying to get her last novel published for a really long time. The last book turned on what happened when a publishing company agreed to publish the book, and it suddenly became a best seller. This book hinges on the aftermath of that; how do you follow up a best seller? What do you do when Hollywood descends upon your town to film a version of your book? How do you deal with Lord Byron (also a vampire, and a successful romance novelist)? So, I'm looking forward to that.

The question: I'd like to have some sort of a contest. I have this ARC of Zombies vs. Unicorns, which I reviewed a couple of months back, and I'd love to send it on to someone else. What sort of contest should I have? (I'm tempted to have a "propose a contest" contest, but then I would have to run the proposed contest, and find a prize for that too.)

Followers