Thursday, September 22, 2011

(Belated) Hickey of the Beast Wednesday

(Link of linkiness)

Ummmm, so, today is Thursday? And I should have posted this yesterday? But there was a convergence of schedules and stuff, so instead, I ate pizza with my wife and watched a bunch of Dr. Who? So I'm going to do this now.

Chapter 28

The week before finals is, perhaps, not the best time to be sneaking out of the house at midnight, but Connie has to do it. That being the case, it's lucky that her parents are "generally sound asleep by one in the morning. (Unless there's a party or an emergency, actually, they're generally sound asleep by eleven at night, and they wake up at six without any alarm clock. Being an adult looks scary as hell sometimes.)" (Yes, being an adult DOES look scary as hell. I'm glad I've planned on never becoming one.)


Anyway, it's a short chapter - on night one, Edward doesn't show up. Connie spends the next day all jittery from caffeine. Edward does show up on night two, and the incubus appears as well, so things look bad for Edward... It's still possible he's on the side of the angels, some how, but I'm not seeing it at this point, and there's not a lot of room left to introduce some new villain at this point in the story.


Nice cliffhanger ending this week.

Followers