Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday Library Post, 3/21/2011

I'm going to include the books I grabbed on Saturday here as well, I certainly hope no one minds.

Steve Ettlinger - Twinkie, Deconstructed


I mentioned this the other day - it is a step by step walk through the Twinkie ingredients, tracing them all back to their roots. Corn features heavily, as does petroleum.

Jim Butcher - Blood Rites


This is part of Butcher's Dresden Files books, a series of novels about the only wizard in the Chicago phone book. It's an interesting cross between Philip Marlowe and urban dark fantasy. I've been picking at the series when I find the books, and I've discovered that it doesn't seem to matter much what order I read them in, which is nice.

Lauren Willig - The Orchid Affair


More Willig, more regency romance, more spies - the review for The Mischief of the Mistletoe will be up on Friday. These are simply too decadent not to pick up.

Faith Hunter - Seraphs


Post-apocalyptic urban fantasy/supernatural romance? I'm not sure - the library had all three books in the series, so I grabbed the first one.

Jana Oliver - The Demon Trapper's Daughter


Oliver is a new YA author. This is a novel set in the fairly near future, in which demons have begun to emerge? And, also, the economy failed, and everything went to crap? I think? Anyway, it started with a nice bang, so I brought it home.

Followers