Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wait, Monday was Yesterday? Library post, 6/14/2011

I actually WENT to the library yesterday, and I got books and everything. I went back today, I have my trashy books for next week all ready to go - I'll post a photo, maybe Thursday, to fill in that open gap in the weekend.

Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling, Eds - Teeth: Vampires Tales


This is an anthology of YA Vampire stories and poems. The author list is a who's who of authors that I like - Neil Gaiman, Holly Black, Cassandra Clare, Catherynne Valente, Ellen Kushner, Tanith Lee, Emma Bull, Garth Nix - an absolutely delicious list of authors. I know that Ellen Kushner has been very excited about the collection. Beyond that, I know nothing, but feel no qualms about picking it up.

Eric Flint - 1636: The Saxon Uprising


I reviewed 1635: The Eastern Front back a couple of months ago. This is both the next book in the Ring of Fire series and the direct sequel to The Eastern Front. I like Flint, I like the series; this was another that I grabbed without much deliberation.

Followers