Monday, July 18, 2011

Library Monday, 7/18/2011

Hey! It's a Monday! And I'm posting my Library post! How odd is that?

Three books this week.

Pierre Pevel - The Alchemist in the Shadows


This is the sequel to last year's The Cardinal's Blades. Pevel is the premier fantasy author in France. I believe I reviewed The Cardinal's Blades  - yes, indeed I did! Here it is, December 10. So, not exactly last year. Anyway, it's swashbuckling musketeers and dragons and magic, and I'm quite looking forward to it. Additionally, the cover art is made of good and win, see?
The Alchemist in the Shadows


Kady Cross - The Girl in the Steel Corset


So, the book claims to be part of "The Steampunk Chronicles," and I'm a sucker for Steampunk. It's also part of the Harlequin Teen publication, which is intriguing. I'm not expecting depth from this book, but it looks like fun.

Simon Brett - Blotto, Twinks and the Ex-King's Daughter


This one also looks fun - it's part of the Felony and Mayhem collection, and the back matter suggests that readers who like "the Golden Age of mystery, P.G. Wodehouse, and Simon Brett" will like this book. Well, this is the first Simon Brett book I've ever seen, so I don't know about that, but, like Mr. Meatloaf says, 2 out of 3 ain't bad - maybe I'll like Simon Brett when I'm done. At any rate, it's got an upper class twit (Blotto) and his intelligent sister (Twinks) solving a manor house murder with the assistance of Blotto's valet and (back matter again) "a really swell car." I think it will be tough for this book to miss, frankly.

Followers