Saturday, October 15, 2011

Comments?

So, a while back, I switched to a comment system by Intense Debate. My decision to do this was largely based on the fact that their system allowed commenters to have a link to their own sites in my comments, which I thought was a nice idea. However, I think the system has some problems. First, it doesn't seem to port comments left on posts read through the RSS feed. (At least, I assume that that's what's happening. I get an e-mail about a comment posted, with the text of the comment included, but I can't see the comment on the site, which is frustrating, and makes the whole comment system kinda not function properly. If people can't see the comments, they can't respond to the comments, and so discussion does not happen.) Also, the comments which were posted under the original blogger comment system vanished. (they are still there, you just can't see them anymore.)

I realize this isn't a huge deal - it's not like I have these lengthy comment threads in which community is forming or something - but I'd still like your thoughts on it.

Followers