Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Honey Month, Day 15 (2/15/2011)

eta: linky

"Day 15 - Hungarian Forest Honey

Colour: A cloudy orange-yellow, which, in the first light I held it to, made me think of extra virgin olive oil. In the current light, more of an apple cider.

Smell: Hay, brown sugar, molasses. I held this vial in hot water for about a minute because it was too crystallized to draw enough out on the wand; prior to heating I thought it smelled a bit resinous, but I can't find a trace of that now.

Taste: Brown sugar - cookies! No aftertaste - elusive, like it makes an appearance on request, then vanishes when you aren't paying attention. Also a taste of dark raisins."

Today's story is one of my favorite in the collection; a short story about a ring lost and returned, simply packed with magic and wonder of a very quiet sort. I'd love a little bit more about the sisters here; their world is fascinating. Despite that, this story is complete in and of itself, and doesn't ask for anything more - very nice.

Followers